The Campus Faculty Association (CFA) is a membership organization at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The CFA aims to create an open and democratic university by balancing the power of the administration with a strong faculty voice through an open process of collective bargaining.
We have an opening beginning December 15, 2013, for a 12-15 hour per week staff person. Working hours are somewhat flexible. The deadline for applications is Tuesday, December 24 at 5 p.m. To apply please send via email a short cover letter and a resume with contact information for two references to: email@example.com (use this email address to request further information).
Details of the position:
• coordinating, attending and keeping minutes of CFA meetings
• maintaining and operating the CFA listserv and website
• maintaining organizational records
• planning, publicizing and logistics for public events
• corresponding and liaising with union/community groups,
• overseeing the production of CFA literature and publicity materials
• maintaining and updating our membership database
• working with CFA members and partners on designated projects
• carrying out other tasks as delegated by the CFA President in support of the work of the organization
Written and verbal communication
Research: online, library, archival
Creation and maintenance of administrative systems
Facility with computer technology: web page management, social media, e-mail, listserv, spreadsheets, word processing
Ability to work independently but within the framework of organizational requirements
A background in union issues and organizing as well as an understanding of academic institutions, particularly UIUC, would be an advantage
Compensation will be at a competitive hourly rate, supplemented by a health insurance contribution.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 5 p.m.
CFA is an equal opportunity employer.