The Campus Faculty Association (CFA) is a membership organization for tenure-track and non-tenure-track faculty at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. The CFA advocates on behalf of faculty and supports collective bargaining rights for all faculty. Non-tenure-track faculty members are newly represented by Local 6546 of the AFT, and CFA supports this Local.
We have an opening beginning for an 8-15 hour per week staff person. Working hours are somewhat flexible. The Deadline for applications is Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 5 p.m.
Applications are now closed, and the position has been filled.
To apply please send via email a short cover letter and a résumé with contact information for two references to CFA President Bruce Rosenstock (and use this email address to request further information, as well).
Duties of the position include
- organizing, attending and keeping minutes of CFA meetings
- maintaining and operating CFA listservs and the CFA website
- maintaining organizational records
- planning, publicizing and doing set up for public events
- corresponding and liaising with union/community groups
- overseeing the production of CFA publicity materials including the newsletter
- maintaining and updating a membership database
- working with CFA members and partners on designated projects
- carrying out tasks as delegated by the CFA President to support the work of the organization
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Research: online, library, archival
- Creation and maintenance of administrative systems
- Facility with computer technology: Web page management, e-mail, listserv, spreadsheets, word processing
- Ability to work independently but within the framework of organizational requirements
- A background in union issues and organizing as well as an understanding of academic institutions, particularly UIUC, would be an advantage
Compensation will be at a competitive hourly rate and supplemented by a health insurance contribution.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 5 p.m.